Vallecito, California

Populated place

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Post office dates: Aug. 17, 1854-Present

"VALLECITO - This mining camp of the early 1850s was almost totally destroyed by fire on August 28, 1859. Nearby is Moaning Cave, which the Indians used as a burial ground." - California Historic Landmark No.273

Update Log 

  • March 27, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Add historical information
  • January 2, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources