Diamond Springs, California

Populated place

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Post office dates: Oct. 17, 1853-Present

"DIAMOND SPRINGS - This town, settled in 1848, derived its name from its crystal clear springs. Among the richest spots in this vicinity, its diggings produced a 25-pound nugget, one of the largest ever found in El Dorado County. Its most thriving period was in 1851 and, through its lumber, lime production, and agriculture, Diamond Springs has retained some of its early importance." - California Historic Landmark No.487

Update Log 

  • March 27, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Add historical information
  • December 5, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources