Fort Bidwell, California

Populated place

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Post office dates: Apr. 14, 1868-Present

"Fort Bidwell, named for John Bidwell, was established in 1865. The fort, which operated until 1893, was one of the last early military posts north of Benicia to be abandoned. From 1898 to 1930, the fort served as a non-reservation boarding school for Indians." - California Historic Landmark No.430

Update Log 

  • March 27, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Add historical information
  • October 24, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources