Fort Hayes

Also known as: Columbus Arsenal, Columbus Barracks
Jack Gibbs Blvd., Columbus, OH

Former military base now serving as a career center and home to WCBE-FM.

Photos 

Fort Hayes Career Center

Photo taken by Brian Manville on November 24, 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Originally known as the Columbus Arsenal, in 1922 the facility was renamed after former Ohio Governor and 19th President Rutherford B. Hayes.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 26, 1970
Reference number
70000491
Architectural styles
Victorian: Renaissance; Other architectural type; Tuscan revival
Areas of significance
Military; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Military facility
Current function
Military facility
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant years
1863; 1865
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 11
Non-contributing buildings: 43

Update Log 

  • November 24, 2017: Updated by Brian Manville: Added photographs and description.
  • May 19, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller

Sources