Fort Lawton

On Magnolia Bluff, Seattle, Washington

Photos 

GENERAL VIEW, TAKEN FROM EAST. GUARD HOUSE (Bldg. No. 759) ON EXTREME LEFT, QUARTERMASTER STOREHOUSE AND OFFICE (Bldg. No. 757) IN CENTER, QUARTERMASTER STOREHOUSE (Bldg. No. 915) ON EXTREME RIGHT, STABLES (Bldg. Nos. 916 and 917) BEHIND AND SLIGHTLY TO LEFT OF Bldg. No. 915.

Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 15, 1978
Reference number
78002752
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Colonial Revival
Areas of significance
Military; Architecture
Levels of significance
State; Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Military facility
Current function
Outdoor recreation
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1917
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 24
Non-contributing buildings: 6
Non-contributing structures: 1

Update Log 

  • June 2, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER

Sources