Tinkers Creek Aqueduct

Demolished
Tinkers Creek, Valley View, Ohio

A bridge carring the Ohio & Erie Canal over Tinkers Creek.

Photos 

Replacement Aqueduct

Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

This bridge carries the Ohio & Erie canal over Tinkers Creek. It was built in 1827, and rebuilt in 1845 & 1905. Due to repeated flood damaged the historic aqueduct was removed in 2007. In 2010 a replacement bridge was built by the Cuyahoga National Park.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1979
Reference number
79000296
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Aqueduct
Areas of significance
Commerce; Engineering; Transportation; Exploration/Settlement
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Water-related
Current function
Water-related
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant years
1825; 1827

Update Log 

  • May 31, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description

Related landmarks 

Sources