Bottorff--McCulloch Farm

Also known as: 019-106-35042
6702 Bethany Rd., Charlestown, Indiana

Map 

Description 

The Bottorff-McCulloch Farm is an historic farm on the National Register of Historic Places since 1995, and is located west of Charlestown, Indiana. It was put on the Register for its significance in Agriculture, Exploration/Settlement, and Architecture. It was owned by John T. Bottorff and later Frank McCullough. During Bottorff's tenure, he operated a horse-powered mill. It has been renamed and is a private residence.

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 9, 1995
Reference number
95000699
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Other architectural type; English Barn
Areas of significance
Exploration/Settlement; Architecture; Agriculture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Processing; Storage; Animal facility
Current function
Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1825-1849; 1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924
Significant years
ca. 1835; 1910
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 5
Contributing structures: 3
Non-contributing buildings: 4

Tags 

19th Century (36,248)
Brick (42,457)
Built during 1830s (2,658)
Charlestown, Indiana (4)
Clark County, Indiana (55)
Exotic Revival (7,376)
Farm (1,839)
Indiana (2,032)
Mid 19th Century Revival (7,958)
Private owner (54,397)
Stone (26,162)

Sources