Green Bay Harbor Entrance Light

Offshore approx. 3.1 mi. NW. of Port Comfort (Scott Township), Port Comfort, Wisconsin

Automated Lighthouse, Marking the Shipping Lane to the Green Bay Harbor

Photos 

Overview Looking Southwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in September 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

A lighthouse built in 1935 that was manned by the Coast Guard in two week shifts. It was automated in 1979 and remains in service.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 28, 2008
Reference number
08000248
Areas of significance
Maritime History; Transportation; Architecture; Engineering
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Water-related
Current function
Water-related
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1950-1974

Update Log 

  • September 27, 2015: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • March 30, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS coordinates

Sources