The Adolph Rose building, situated facing south at 717 Clay Street in downtown Vicksburg, Mississippi, is a brick commercial building with a flat roof. The building is three stories with a fourth story projecting from only the center bay. Originally the building had an elaborate cornice which was peaked over the three story bays and round-arched over the four story bay. This cornice was damaged during the 1953 tornado and removed.
The first floor entrance and store windows were originally recessed behind the main facade and are comprised of three large openings: a round arch supported by brick piers capped with decorative cushion capitals of terra cotta; two squared openings with a plain cast iron lintel. The left opening has been filled with glass, while the other bays remain open. The main (center) entrance is a single-leaf glazed door with side lights. The right bay is filled with four French doors. There are three bays on the second floor: three pair of one-over-one double-hung windows. Each window is flanked by foliated pilasters. There are three bays on the third floor: a pair of one-over-one, double-hung windows in the center flanked by four round-arched, one-over-one double-hung windows separated by foliated pilasters. There are four round arched, one-over-one, double-hung windows on the fourth floor separated also by foliated pilasters.