Carroll County Courthouse

101 W. Main St., Delphi, Indiana

Photos 

Courthouse

Built in 1916.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in Dec. 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The 1st courthouse was built in 1838, the 2nd in 1859, and the current in 1916.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 23, 2003
Reference number
03001317
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Areas of significance
Architecture; Politics/Government; Art
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant years
1888; 1916; 1918
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing objects: 3
Non-contributing structures: 1

Update Log 

  • January 9, 2015: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description
  • January 9, 2015: New photos from Jim Allen
  • July 15, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth

Related landmarks 

Sources