Kent County Courthouse

Also known as: East Greenwich Town Hall
127 Main St., East Greenwich, Rhode Island

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This courthouse replaced the earlier (1770-71) building in 1805; the interiors were altered in the 1860s and restored in 1909. The wood frame building was embellished by an entrance porch in the Doric Order, quoins, a lattice-work balustrade, and a cupola. -- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS RI-57)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 28, 1970
Reference number
70000013
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Period of significance
1800-1824
Significant years
1803; 1806

Update Log 

  • January 9, 2018: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett

Sources