Iowa County Courthouse

SW corner of Iowa and Chapel Sts., Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Photos 

Overview Looking Southwest

This is the oldest county courthouse, still in use, in Wisconsin.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 1, 1972
Reference number
72000053
Architectural style
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
1859

Update Log 

  • August 18, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Corrected Location

Sources