Old Meigs County Courthouse And Chester Academy

Also known as: Chester Grange Hall and Annex
OH 248, Chester, Ohio

Photo 

By Nyttend - Own work, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=22416836

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 30, 1975
Reference number
75001488
Architectural style
Federal
Areas of significance
Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Courthouse; School
Current function
Clubhouse
Periods of significance
1800-1824; 1825-1849
Significant years
1823; 1830
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2

Tags 

19th Century (36,405)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1823 (91)
Built during 1820s (1,798)
Chester, Ohio (2)
Courthouse (2,115)
Federal (4,564)
Have Street View (35,484)
Meigs County, Ohio (22)
Ohio (5,067)
Owned by local government (11,501)
Stone (26,162)

Update Log 

  • August 18, 2017: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
  • July 7, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources