Grant County Courthouse

130 W. Maple St., Lancaster, Wisconsin

Photos 

West Elevation

The dome was constructed by Tiffany and is comprised of Tiffany stained glass. The people of Lancaster are proud of this fact, and the welcome sign proclaims Lancaster as the "Home of the Dome."

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2007

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 19, 1978
Reference number
78000096
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Areas of significance
Military; Politics/Government; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1902
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing objects: 10

Update Log 

  • August 18, 2012: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to category "Gaetano Trentanove" for his sculpture of Governor Dewey
  • April 23, 2012: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • June 23, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to Category: Tiffany Stained Glass
  • June 28, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Corrected address and GPS coordinates

Sources