Ashe County Courthouse
Also known as: Ashe County Museum of History, Old Ashe County CourthouseMain St., Jefferson, North Carolina
Historic Courthouse in Jefferson, NC
+36.42121, -81.4706736°25'16" N, 81°28'14" W
Historic courthouse for Ashe County that was built by the Charlotte firm of Wheeler & Runge. There are numerous other examples of the same design in other counties. Some are still used as active courthouse.
This courthouse is no longer in use as such and now houses the Ashe County Museum of History.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 10, 1979
- Reference number
- Architectural style
- Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Beaux Arts
- Areas of significance
- Politics/Government; Architecture; Social History
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- A - Event; C - Design/Construction
- Property type
- Historic function
- Current function
- Period of significance
- Significant year
- June 8, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- October 27, 2014: New photo from Michael Miller
- October 24, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Description" & "Overview"