Gwinnett County Courthouse

Courthouse Sq., Lawrenceville, Georgia

Courthouse building in Lawrenceville, GA

Photos 

Historic Gwinnett County Courthouse

Photo taken by Michael Miller

Enlarge

View this photo at panoramio.com

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 18, 1980. Built in 1884 & no longer in use as the county's courthouse.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 18, 1980
Reference number
80001084
Areas of significance
Economics; Law; Politics/Government; Architecture; Communications
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Courthouse; Specialty store; Government office
Current function
Courthouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1850-1874
Significant years
1872; 1900; 1905
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 4
Non-contributing buildings: 1

Update Log 

  • November 8, 2015: New photos from pam phillips
  • November 4, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Description" & "Overview"
  • November 4, 2013: New photo from Michael Miller
  • July 18, 2010: New Street View added by Eddie Douthitt

Sources