Ashland County Courthouse

201 W. 2nd St., Ashland, Wisconsin

Classical Revival and Beaux-Arts courthouse in Ashland County

Photos 

South (Front) Elevation

The differences in color are the result of metamorism, caused by the shadows of late afternoon sun. While the stone of this face appears grey in tone, the same tone is a richer color on the west and north face, where it is receiving direct evening sun.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2013

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

A Classical Revival and Beaux-Arts architecture structure designed by Henry Wildhagen and H. W. Buemming.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 9, 1982
Reference number
82000628
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Beaux Arts; Other architectural type; Neo-Classical
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1915

Update Log 

  • August 11, 2013: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status and Added Photos

Sources