Mercer County Court House

Diamond, Erie and Pitt Sts., Mercer, PA

County courthouse for Mercer County, PA

Photos 

South Diamond Street view

Photo taken by Brian Manville on September 30, 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The courthouse was designed by the noted Youngstown architectural firm of Owsley & Boucherle and built in 1910-1911. It is a three-story, rectangular red brick and light sandstone building in the Beaux-Arts style. It measures 180 feet wide and 92 feet deep. It features a tall bell and clock tower. Also on the property are the contributing resources: the Mercer County Soldiers' Monument and old Mercer County Jail, or South Court House Annex. (Wikipedia)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 12, 1998
Reference number
98001369
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Beaux Arts
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Architecture; Art
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Courthouse
Current function
Courthouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant years
1909; 1910; 1911
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing structures: 1

Update Log 

  • September 30, 2017: Updated by Brian Manville: Added photographs and description.

Sources