Kirtland Temple

Also known as: House of the Lord
9020 Chillicothe Rd., Kirtland, Ohio

Photos 

Kirtland Temple (Mormon)

2. Historic American Buildings Survey, Carl F. Waite, Photographer April, 1934 SOUTHEAST ELEVATION.

Photo from the Historic American Buildings Survey

View photos at Library of Congress

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The Temple was built 1833-36 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The present owner is the Reorganized Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints, with its general headquarters in Independence, Missouri. -- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS OH-22-25)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 4, 1969
Reference number
69000145
Architectural styles
Victorian: Gothic; Federal
Areas of significance
Science; Architecture; Religion
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant years
1833; 1838

Update Log 

  • November 26, 2019: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • September 5, 2010: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources