U.S. Car. No. 1

Also known as: FERDINAND MAGELLAN
3398 SW. 9th Ave., Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Map 

Description 

Built in 1928 as the Pullman Company's FERDINAND MAGELLAN, this car was armor plated and donated for use by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1942. Subsequently used by Harry S Truman and Ronald Reagan in presidential reelection campaigns. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, February 4, 1985

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 24, 1977
Reference number
77000401
Area of significance
Politics/Government
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; B - Person
Property type
Object
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Museum
Periods of significance
1950-1974; 1925-1949
Significant years
1928; 1959