Henry H. Huson was a very successful merchant in Plymouth and served as mayor several times. In 1885, he built this water tower to serve his home across the street. When the city put in a water network, the water tower ceased operation. (A hand pump caps the well, inside the building.) A wooden windmill on the roof provided the pump's power.