Caruthersville Water Tower

Also known as: The Lighthouse
W. 3rd St., Caruthersville, Missouri

Photo 

The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse is what locals call the Caruthersville Water Tower built in 1903. It served the city for over 50 years and still serves as a symbol of the city

Photo taken by IlmoJoe

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 9, 1982
Reference number
82003156
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Engineering
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Water works
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1903

Update Log 

  • October 23, 2011: New photo from IlmoJoe
  • July 1, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth

Sources