View from the Riverfront
The water tower was built in 1885 and unlike the remaining stone water towers in Wisconsin with metal tanks, this tower had a cypress tank. The tower was privately financed. It was replaced in 1935 by a 200,000 gallon steel tank.
The tower is on a bluff above the Rock River.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning