Also known as: Man Mound ParkE of Baraboo off WI 33, Baraboo, Wisconsin
An effigy mound built in the shape of a human.
Wisconsin Archeological Society Marker
Placed in 1908 when this area was preserved as a park.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
+43.48856, -89.6710243°29'19" N, 89°40'16" W
Designated a National Historic Landmark on October 31, 2016.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 30, 1978
- Reference number
- Area of significance
- Archeology - Prehistoric
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- D - Information Potential
- Property type
- Historic function
- Current function
- Period of significance
- 1000-500 AD
- Significant years
- 0700; 1000
- Number of properties
- Contributing structures: 1
Contributing sites: 1
- October 23, 2017: Updated by Michael Miller: Updated "NRHP Status" and Added "Description" & "Street View"
- June 19, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to Category: Increase A. Lapham
- November 6, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to new category tag "Effigy Mounds"
- September 12, 2010: New photo from J.R. Manning
- August 27, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning