Perry's Camp

Also known as: Flat Branch Court, Flat Branch ; Cottages
101 Flat Branch Rd., Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Photos 

Perry

Photo taken by pam phillips

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Perry's Camp, now known as Flat Branch Cottages, was founded c. 1928 when Charlie Perry developed the site where Flat Branch joins the Little Pigeon River as a tourist resort. Located between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, Perry’s Camp was one of the first tourist courts in the area that has since become a tourist mecca. Perry’s Camp preceded the founding of the adjacent Great Smoky Mountains National Park by six years. The site originally included a restaurant with living quarters upstairs and eleven cabins, including one log and stone house already on the site from the 1850s. The site has been owned and operated by the Mack Marshall family since 1952. Three of the remaining four cabins are still rented to tourists April through October

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 30, 1992
Reference number
92000369
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Motor tourist cottage
Areas of significance
Entertainment/Recreation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Outdoor recreation
Current function
Outdoor recreation
Period of significance
1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 5
Contributing structures: 2
Contributing objects: 1

Tags 

Gatlinburg, Tennessee (13)
Park (561)
Private owner (54,396)
Sevier County, Tennessee (64)
Stone (26,162)
Tennessee (2,828)

Sources