Cedarburg Mill

N58 W6181 Columbia Road, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Photos 

Cedarbug Mill

The building to the west of the mill is one of a handful (or less) of extant gas stations that were built by Wadham's Oil and Grease Company of Milwaukee between 1916 and 1930 when the chain of about 100 stations was bought out by Vacuum Oil Company. Another extant example is on the NHRP and is located in West Allis, Wisconsin. Although not individually on the NHRP, the Wadham's station, now being used as a jewelry store, is a part of the Washington Avenue Historic District.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2010

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Cedarburg changed their address grid since the mill was put on the NRHP.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 8, 1974
Reference number
74000115
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Manufacturing facility
Current function
Warehouse
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
1855

Update Log 

  • July 2, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Address

Sources