Wilson Feed Mill
Also known as: Alexander's Mill7604 Canal Rd., Valley View, Ohio
An old grist mill along the Ohio & Erie canal.
Photo taken by Jim Allen in May 2014
+41.35650, -81.5961141°21'23" N, 81°35'46" W
This feed mill is at the Ohio & Erie Canal's Lock 37.
It was originally named Alexander's Mill, a grist mill useing water power from the lock's spillway.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 17, 1979
- Reference number
- Areas of significance
- Commerce; Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- A - Event; C - Design/Construction
- Property type
- Historic function
- Manufacturing facility
- Current functions
- Specialty store; Manufacturing facility
- Period of significance
- Significant year
- May 31, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description