Cowan Mill

Destroyed by fire
Also known as: Aurora Mills
Island Mill St., Lewiston, Maine. Destroyed by fire on July 15, 2009

Photo 

File:Cowan's and Frye's Woolen Mills, by Conant Bros..png

Map 

Description 

Destroyed by fire on July 15, 2009. Removed from the National Register of Historic Places on November 2, 2011.

Tags 

19th Century (36,318)
Androscoggin County, Maine (125)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1850 (456)
Built during 1850s (4,571)
David Cowan (1)
Exotic Revival (7,376)
Lewiston, Maine (46)
Maine (1,815)
Mid 19th Century Revival (7,958)
Mill (751)
Private owner (54,397)
Stone (26,162)

Update Log 

  • December 17, 2013: Updated by Brian Bartlett: Landmark has been demolished

Sources