Palatine Church

Also known as: Palatine Evangelical Lutheran Church
Mohawk Tpke., Palatine, New York

Photos 

Historic American Buildings Survey, Nelson E. Baldwin, Photographer April 26, 1936, VIEW-FRONT AND SIDE ELEVATIONS, EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH, PALATINE CHURCH VILLAGE, N.Y.

Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey

Map 

Description 

Built in 1770, this is one of the churches built by the Germans from the Rhine Valley who settled this area, and is maintained as a shrine to them by the owners. -- Historic American Buildings Survey

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 1973
Reference number
73001209
Areas of significance
Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current functions
Museum; Religious structure
Period of significance
1750-1799
Significant year
1770

Update Log 

  • July 1, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER

Sources