Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church

1046 N. 9th St., Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Photos 

Overview Looking Northeast

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Trinity is the mother church or Lutheranism in Milwaukee, its congregation having been organized in 1847. The fabric is a beautifully preserved example of Victorian Gothic design, and the woodwork on the interior is without question the most handsome in a Milwaukee church. -- Historic American Buildings Survey

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 8, 1979
Reference number
79000099
Architectural style
Victorian: Gothic
Areas of significance
Architecture; Religion
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant years
1878; 1880

Tags 

19th Century (36,686)
Brick (42,459)
Built 1878 (307)
Built during 1870s (4,870)
Church (5,470)
Cream City Brick (18)
Frederick Velguth (3)
Gothic (1,435)
Milwaukee County, Wisconsin (309)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin (163)
Place of worship (5,826)
Private owner (54,396)
Sandstone (4,862)
Slate (5,715)
Victorian (19,696)
Wisconsin (2,527)

Update Log 

  • September 28, 2014: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • July 9, 2014: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status and Added Photos

Sources