First Universalist Church

504 Grant St., Wausau, Wisconsin

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

The church has a modern addition to the east of the original sanctuary, the subject of this listing.

It is one of many churches designed by Alexander C. Eschweiler of Milwaukee, many are on the NRHP and are listed on this site.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2012

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 1, 1980
Reference number
80000159
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Medieval English Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1898; 1928

Update Log 

  • August 5, 2012: New photos from J.R. Manning

Sources