Broad Street United Methodist Church

501 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH

Photos 

Photo taken by Brian Manville on March 31, 2018

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Broad Street United Methodist Church is a historic Methodist church at 501 E. Broad Street in Columbus, Ohio. This church is one of five on E. Broad Street built around the year 1900.

It was built in 1885 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The architecture of the church was designed by Joseph W. Yost and Frank Packard with green serpentine stone. This stone was replaced by Rogers Krajnak Architects with synthetic stone that preserved the original green color.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 26, 1980
Reference number
80002997
Architectural style
Victorian: Gothic
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1885

Tags 

19th Century (36,723)
Built 1885 (555)
Built during 1880s (6,231)
Church (5,481)
Columbus, Ohio (158)
Franklin County, Ohio (361)
Gothic (1,435)
Green serpentine stone (1)
Have Street View (40,731)
Joseph W. Yost (1)
Ohio (5,089)
Place of worship (5,840)
Private owner (54,396)
Stone (26,162)
Victorian (19,696)

Update Log 

  • March 31, 2018: New photo from Brian Manville
  • May 19, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller

Related landmarks 

Sources