St. Mary's Catholic Church

119 W. 7th St., Kaukauna, Wisconsin

Late Nineteenth Century Gothic Revival church

Photos 

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in May 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

St. Mary's Catholic Church, 119 W. Seventh Street, is historically significant as the focal point of the southside Community of Ledyard.

~ From the "National Register of Historic Places Nomination Inventory" dated February 1984.

(Ledyard was formed on the south side of the river in the 1880s when the railroad came to the valley. It was incorporated as a part of the new city of Kaukauna in 1885.)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 29, 1984
Reference number
84003769
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Neo-Gothic Ecclesiastical
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1898; 1933

Update Log 

  • May 9, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status, Added Description and Added Photos

Sources