First German Reformed Church

Destroyed by fire
Also known as: Erste Deutsche Reformite Kirche, Evangelical and Reformed United Church of Christ
413 Wisconsin Ave., Waukesha, Wisconsin

The original church was destroyed in a spectacular fire in 2005 but has been rebuilt

Photos 

Overview Looking Southwest

The original church was consumed in a spectacular fire in 2005. This is the replacement building.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Map 

Description 

The original church was destroyed in a spectacular fire in 2005 but a church is not a building. The membership, undeterred, began to rebuild their church building, which was completed in 2008.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 13, 1991
Reference number
91001390
Architectural style
Victorian
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Religious structure; Church school
Current functions
Religious structure; Church school
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1891; 1925

Tags 

19th Century (36,929)
Brick (42,460)
Built 1891 (653)
Built during 1890s (7,375)
Church (5,549)
George Ward (2)
Hugo C. Haeser (1)
Limestone (8,192)
Place of worship (5,908)
Private owner (54,396)
Stucco (7,816)
Victorian (19,697)
Waukesha County, Wisconsin (160)
Waukesha, Wisconsin (67)
Wisconsin (2,553)

Update Log 

  • August 23, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status to Lost

Sources