Crane Hill Masonic Lodge
14538 Cty. Rd. 222, Crane Hill, Alabama
A "free standing gable front" structure built in 1904.
+34.09678, -87.0544634°05'48" N, 87°03'16" W
Quadrangle map:Crane Hill
The Crane Hill Masonic Lodge in Crane Hill, Alabama was built in 1904. It is a "free standing gable front" structure.
It was historically used as a meeting hall, as a school, as a multiple dwelling, and as a department store.
It is currently used as a Masonic hall.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 29, 2001
- Reference number
- Architectural style
- Other architectural type; Free standing gable front
- Area of significance
- Social History
- Level of significance
- Evaluation criteria
- A - Event
- Property type
- Historic functions
- Meeting hall; School; Multiple dwelling; Department store
- Current functions
- Meeting hall; Civic
- Periods of significance
- 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
- Significant year
- May 23, 2011: Updated by WillyT: Added Description