Ohio Asylum for the Blind

Also known as: Ohio Department of Highway Safety Building
240 Parsons Ave., Columbus, Ohio

Photos 

Ohio Asylum for the Blind

Photo taken by wdzinc

Enlarge

View this photo on Flickr

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 26, 1973
Reference number
73001436
Architectural style
Victorian: Second Empire
Areas of significance
Education; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
School
Current function
Government office
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant years
1869; 1874

Tags 

19th Century (36,347)
Built 1869 (312)
Built during 1860s (3,608)
Columbus, Ohio (158)
Franklin County, Ohio (361)
Have Street View (34,824)
Ohio (5,056)
Owned by state government (3,451)
Sandstone (4,862)
School (4,845)
Second Empire (1,044)
Stone (26,162)
Victorian (19,690)

Update Log 

  • May 19, 2014: New photos from Andrew Wood
  • June 19, 2012: New photo from wdzinc

Sources