Home Economics Building

Demolished
Also known as: Industrial Education Annex
State St., Western Kentucky University campus, Bowling Green, Kentucky

Demolished. Replaced with a parking lot

Photos 

All that remains of the Annex today are stones from it walls. These stones were used to build retaining walls for the parking lot that took it's place.

Photo taken by Mike Page in August 2010

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The Annex was an interesting building to begin with, as it was built almost entirely out of stone from an earlier demolished campus structure. Destroyed in 1982 in order to build a parking lot, those same stones were used again in the retaining walls and stairs surrounding the new parking lot.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 18, 1979
Reference number
79001036
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
School
Current function
School
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1926

Update Log 

  • August 6, 2010: Updated by Mike Page: Landmark demolished and replaced with parking lot in 1982

Sources