Black Lake School

6000 Black Lake Blvd. SW., Olympia, Washington

Photos 

Black Lake School

View from East

Photo taken by K. A. Erickson in May 2011

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This building has served the community under many uses, school, fire department, and currently the meeting place for the Black Lake Grange. A recent BBQ fundraiser was held with a portion of the proceeds going towards repainting the sides of the building.

An interesting note - the bell in the tower is a brake drum from a 1937 Packard. A local volunteer remarked "It has a distinct ring. They don't make metal like that anymore."

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 10, 1990
Reference number
90000709
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Vernacular gable roof
Areas of significance
Social History; Education
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic functions
School; Meeting hall
Current function
Meeting hall
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1900-1924

Update Log 

  • October 10, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
  • May 22, 2011: New photos from K. A. Erickson

Sources