Waupaca Post Office

306 S. Main St., Waupaca, Wisconsin

One-story post office constructed in a simplified Classical Revival style

Photos 

East (Front) Elevation

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2016

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Typical post office of the Morgenthau and Farley era. It maintains many of its original features. An addition was added to the south end of the building in 1960 using compatible materials, so it blends in. A loading dock was also added to the rear of the building.

The interior maintains original woodwork and vestibule, marble wainscoting and terrazzo floor. A New Deal Era mural adorns the north wall of the lobby.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 24, 2000
Reference number
00001252
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Area of significance
Art
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Post office
Current function
Post office
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1940

Update Log 

  • August 2, 2016: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and added photos

Sources