Henry L. Wolfner Memorial Library for the Blind

Also known as: Lindell Branch of the Bell (Later Southwesten Bell) Telephon, Southwest Telepgraph & Telephone Co. Operator's Training Sch
3842-44 Olive St., St. Louis, Missouri

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 30, 2005
Reference number
05000631
NR name
Wolfner, Henry L., Memorial Library for the Blind
Architectural style
Victorian: Renaissance
Areas of significance
Education; Religion; Entertainment/Recreation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Communications facility; Library; Meeting hall; Civic
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1950-1974
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2

Tags 

Brick (42,457)
Granite (5,090)
Have Street View (35,989)
Limestone (8,192)
Meeting hall (1,474)
Missouri (4,589)
Private owner (54,396)
Renaissance (1,330)
Rutan & Coolidge Shepley (33)
St. Louis, Missouri (377)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,690)

Update Log 

  • June 1, 2017: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Corrected location

Sources