There are two separate buildings that comprise the former YMCA. On the right is a building that was the site of a home owned by Henry L. Stout. Stout sold his $20,000.00 home to the YMCA in 1894 for $1.00. Construction began immediately on the adjacent building on the left, which housed a gymnasium and residence rooms.
In 1916, the Stout home was demolished and replaced by the five story structure on the right.
The YMCA moved to a new facility in 1971. The former YMCA buildings are now housing for elderly.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2012