Wapiti Ranger Station

Shoshone National Forest, Wapiti, Wyoming

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Built in 1903, this was the first forest ranger station erected at Federal expense. It is situated within the first national forest reserve (Shoshone National Forest), which was established by President Benjamin Harrison in 1891. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, May 23, 1963

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966
Reference number
66000759
Area of significance
Conservation
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Institutional housing
Current function
Institutional housing
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1903

Update Log 

  • September 6, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources