Coordinates: +40.70403, -74.01379 40°42'14" N, 74°00'50" W
Constructed in 1900-07, this is an outstanding example of the use of Beaux-Arts elements in a government structure, and one of Cass Gilbert's finest buildings. Embellished with sculpture by Daniel Chester French and murals by Reginald Marsh. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, December 8, 1976
National Register information
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 31, 1972
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Beaux Arts
Area of significance
Level of significance
C - Design/Construction
Period of significance
July 19, 2016: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Alternate Name" & "Street View"
May 2, 2016: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "GPS Coordinates"