Our Lady of the Wayside

930 Portola Rd., Portola Valley, California

Map 

Street View 

Description 

"OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE - This country church, built in 1912, was the first design of architect Timothy L. Pflueger to be executed. Pflueger, who had just begun work for James Miller, shows his awareness of the Spanish California missions in the style, which contrasts with the large commercial buildings and art deco theaters for which he later became recognized. Construction of this church was initiated by a non-denominational club, The Family." - California Historic Landmark No.909

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 22, 1977
Reference number
77000338
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Mission/Spanish Revival
Areas of significance
Architecture; Religion; Philosophy; Social History
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1912
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2

Update Log 

  • March 28, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • February 1, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources