Black River Falls Public Library

Also known as: Black River Falls Carnegie Library, Jackson County Historical Society Museum
321 Main St., Black River Falls, Wisconsin

Built with a grant from Andrew Carnegie, the building became a museum in 1995

Photos 

Overview

The building served the library from 1915 to 1995.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in October 2013

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 27, 2007
Reference number
07001330
Architectural styles
American Movement; American Movement: Prairie School
Areas of significance
Education; Social History; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Library
Current function
Museum
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant year
1915

Update Log 

  • October 6, 2013: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status and Added Photos
  • September 4, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates

Sources