Eau Claire Public Library

217 S. Farwell St., Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Beaux Arts Carnegie Library converted to city hall offices in 1978

Photos 

Overview Looking Northeast

That's City Hall on the far left of the photo. The old library building was attached to City Hall in the late 1970s after the library moved to a new facility.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning July 2018

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

This building served as the Eau Claire Public Library from 1916 to 1976 when it was attached to City Hall. The building was remodeled for City Hall use. (The replacement library is about a block away.)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 28, 1983
Reference number
83003380
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Library
Current function
City hall
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
1903

Update Log 

  • July 21, 2018: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status and added photos

Sources