Hutchinson Memorial Library

228 N. High St., Randolph, Wisconsin

Hip roof, bi-level, limestone clad library building

Photos 

Overview Looking Northeast

The modern addition can be seen to the right.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

In 1936, after it became obvious that the local library had grown enough to require a modern building, Mary Hutchinson Morris bequeathed $22,000 and a lot to the Village of Randolph for the purpose of building a free public library. The Milwaukee architectural firm of Clas & Clas designed the building with modern, clean lines. The building was tastefully expanded in 1997 and continues to serve the community.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 15, 1990
Reference number
90001705
Architectural style
Modern Movement: Moderne
Areas of significance
Education; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Library
Current function
Library
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1936

Update Log 

  • April 18, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status, Added Description and Added Photos

Sources