Isaac Adair House

Also known as: Craig, John E., House; Adair-Hughes House
Clayton St. & Dons Way., Lawrenceville, Georgia

Photos 

The house of Isaac Adair, built in 1827, is one of the oldest houses in Gwinnett County. The house was moved from its original location in 1984 to a more rural area, and then moved, by the county, again to its current location in 2006 due to a construction project. The Isaac Adair House stands now with only a few alterations to the original structure.

Photo taken by pam phillips in November 2015

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 29, 2000
Reference number
00001390
NR name
Adair, Isaac, House
Architectural styles
Federal; Georgian
Areas of significance
Architecture; Exploration/Settlement
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Periods of significance
1825-1849; 1850-1874
Significant year
1827
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2
Non-contributing buildings: 1

Tags 

19th Century (37,743)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1827 (128)
Built during 1820s (1,815)
Federal (4,600)
Georgia (3,073)
Georgian (1,435)
Gwinnett County, Georgia (35)
House (27,619)
Lawrenceville, Georgia (6)
Moved (2,194)
Private owner (54,398)
Stone (26,160)

Update Log 

  • November 8, 2015: New photos from pam phillips

Sources