Seventeen-hundred-and-four House

Also known as: William Brinton House
Oakland Rd., near jct. of U.S. 202 and CR 15199, Dilworthtown, Pennsylvania

Photos 

Brinton 1704 House

1. Photocopy of painting (original painting in possesion of the family of Judge Jasper Brinton, Cairo, Egypt) Thomas Eakins, Artist 1878 SIDE AND FRONT ELEVATIONS

Photo from the Historic American Buildings Survey

View photos at Library of Congress

Map 

Description 

This early (1704) stone house, although restored, retains much of its original architectural design and is representative of the larger type of dwelling house of a Chester County English Quaker. -- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS PA-1258)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 24, 1967
Reference number
67000018
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Manor
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Museum
Period of significance
1700-1749
Significant year
1704