Arnold, Eleazer, House

487 Great Road, Lincoln, Rhode Island

Map 

Street View 

Description 

An Historic New England property. This post-Medieval framed timber and clapboard farmhouse is a fine example of a stone-ender house, a local form of domestic structure in which the chimneys of the hall and kitchen are combined on one end to form a stone wall. In this instance the chimney stack above the gabled roof is of brick, one of the most elaborate in New England. Erected in 1687, the original structure was enlarged in the 18th century. (NHL, 1968) -- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS RI-87)

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 24, 1968
Reference number
68000006
Architectural styles
Colonial; Other architectural type; Rhode Island Stone-ender
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current functions
Museum; Single dwelling
Period of significance
1650-1699
Significant year
1687

Update Log 

  • December 14, 2017: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett

Sources